What is a Google Business Profile?
Your Google Business Profile (GBP) lets you can manage how your local business shows up across Google products, like Maps and Search. If you run a business that serves customers at a particular location, or you serve customers within a designated service area, your Business Profile can help people find you. Verified businesses on Google are twice as likely to be considered reputable.
Maintain accurate information about your business online
- Tell Google your hours, website, phone number, and location (a street address, service area, or place marker, depending on your business).
- Use Google Maps and Search to stay up-to-date with your online presence wherever you are.
Interact with customers
- Post photos of your business and its products and services.
- Collect and respond to reviews from customers.
Attract new customers
- Improve how your business appears online so new customers can find you.
- Point customers to your website.
Do I already have a Google Business Listing?
You may have never set up a Google Business Profile for your company, but if you have been in business for more than a few months, chances are, one probably already has been set up for you.
The easiest way to see if a GBP is already set up for your business is to go to Google Maps and search for your main business phone number in the format xxx-xxx-xxxx.
If you have ever searched for a restaurant or gas station nearby on Google Maps, you have seen a Google Business Profile:
Where can I get the Google Maps app?
You can search in Google Play for Android and the App Store for Apple IOS. Make sure the author of the app you download is Google LLC. You can also use the links below to go directly to each app: